This is a detailed post—The 12 IPA’s (Income Producing Activities) of a Successful Network Marketer.
You may already be aware that being busy in Network Marketing does not always equate to making money.
Therefore, it’s important to be able to manage yourself, there is no such thing as managing your time.
Step # 1: Personal Development
In order to be able to attract and develop other leaders, you must continue to work on yourself all the time.
Darren Hardy is an American author, keynote speaker, advisor, and former publisher of SUCCESS Magazine and one of my mentor. He highly recommends that to achieve big success one should invest 10% of their income towards personal development. He advises that you spend 10 percent of your earnings on books, audio, events, tools. The idea is your level of income will be determined by your level of personal development.
Wealthy people make room in their lives for personal self-development.
Here are the Top 3 Books I Recommend for Personal Development
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill. The most successful success book in the world
- The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace D. Wattles. He teaches that getting rich is the result of doing things in a certain way. “The Certain Way of thinking.”
- The Greatest Salesman in the world by Og Mandino. This book serves as a guide to a philosophy of salesmanship, and success, it tells the story of a poor camel boy named Hafid who achieves a life of abundance.
Step # 2: Learn the Trade
Focus on sharpening your skills
Learn a few piquing questions and how to do 3-way calls.
Step # 3: Relationship Building and Follow-Up
Prospecting by staying ready–Learn how to be the friendliest person on the planet. Maintain a happy demeanor. Take time to find things that are awesome about others and compliment people.
Be the person that everyone wants to have around.
Always Be ready to meet new people.
Stay engaged in activities online and in person, attend events. Be ready to meet people as you go about your daily activities.
Step #4: Become a Professional Inviter
In addition to being the master Distributor learn to become a Master Inviter. It is most important to be able to get people to see your opportunity.
6 Steps to becoming a professional inviter
- From your cell phone make a big list. Remember the bigger your list the bigger your results.
- When you call be excited and be in a hurry.
- Know how to get others to clear their schedule and make room to become available to experience your opportunity.
- Show value – edify the event—speak well of the presenter.
- Take it away – “This may or not be for you.”
- Ask for a commitment. Ask for the sale—be a decision collector.
- Teach others how to invite professionally.
Step # 5: Recruiting
- Pique interest. Get your prospect curious about your offer.
- Show the video.
- Do a 3-way call with your prospect on the line, let your upline help you close the deal.
- BAMFAM (Book A Meeting From A Meeting), your goal when having a meeting is to be able to close the deal or book your next meeting. It takes multiple exposures about 8 to get a commitment.
Step # 6: Retail Sales
Never stop recruiting. Make sure that you are always recruiting and not in management mode waiting for the rest of your team to recruit.
As you recruit you are driving up your retail sales. Aim to have a large number of customers in your business. It’s ok, not everyone will want to join your business.
Step # 7: Get 2
Get your new business partners to put one on left and on right – continuously work on the duplication process.
From day one when people join your business, make sure that the new recruits know how:
- Teach how to make their lists.
- Teach PS3.
- Teach your partners how to become professional invites.
Step # 8: Schedule Meetings
Schedule events. Events help you grow your team. Events weather meetings at home, your office, on a webinar, Starbuck restaurant. Simply have events where you show the plan. Meetings make money.
Also remember to follow up, no sense in putting in all the work and not get compensated. The fortune is in the follow-up.
Step # 9: (STP) Show the Plan – Share the Product
Find a way to show the plan every day and follow up every day. On the days where you don’t have anyone scheduled, show it to friends or family.
When out and about share your product and follow up with customers.
Make it a habit of sharpening your skills.
Step # 10: Master the 3 Laws of Building
To succeed greatly, you must be able to identify existing leaders, recognize emerging leaders and then help your potential leaders step into their greatness.
In addition to leading your team, you eventually must be able to step aside and make room for the new leaders to soar and take over your role.
- Law # 1 – A recruit is not a recruit until you help them get their two recruits, one left and one right.
- Law #2 – A Leg of business is, not a leg until you go 4 levels deep into your binary.
- Law #3 – A leg is not a leg of business until you drive it 8 levels deep.
You don’t manage people, rather you lead people and manage things. Master these Laws and teach it to your leaders.
Step # 11: Build Your Business From Event to Event
Build your business from event to event and always aim to have more people at the next event compared to your last.
Never miss an event that you qualify for. Events build your business and build your belief.
Step # 12: Develop the Leader Within You and Around You
The fastest way to grow your business is to have duplication going on within your business.
Get and listen to a mentor. Books and audio qualify as mentoring. Read leadership books. It’s always great to have a physical mentor as well. As John C. Maxwell says,
A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.
So at first, you’ll want to constantly sharpen your leadership skills by reading, being around other leaders and attending leadership events.
So you’ll want to transfer your skills by developing other leaders in your organization. It’s great to be the person that knows a lot but ever better to have others that know a lot also.
Conclusion, In the very beginning, there is learning that just has to take place but we have to pay attention to where we spend our time and how much time is allocated to learning and growth.
Be mindful that spending time on social media posting, talking with your sponsor, chatting with your business partners, time spent reading e-mails, watching videos on YouTube, even the time you spend living in your future and visualizing what the diamond lifestyle is going to be like is not going to make you money.
This post covered the 12 IPA’S (income producing activities of a successful Network Marketer) and should be used a guide to help manage how you spend your time to build your empire.
Most of our income producing activity will actually require you putting in work. The action takers are the money makers.
Question? Which of these 12 steps have you already mastered and which will you work on next? Leave a comment in the section below.
IF YOU LIKE THIS POST? Then…Sign up for updates and never miss a blog post.