DOES WRITING DOWN YOUR GOALS REALLY HELP, OR IS IT JUST A MYTH?

Most people drift through life without having specific and measurable goals, let alone writing them down. But, does writing down your goals really help, or is it just a myth?

writing-923882_1280

 

Whether your goal is time freedom, ultimate fitness, meaningful relationships, more income, whatever matters most to us. University studies found we’re 42 percent more likely to achieve our goals by writing them down.

Writing your goals down helps us to engage our mental ability. When we go to the trouble of mapping something we’re engaging more than our desire. It means that we’re also processing, self-checking, and analyzing.

That helps us build intention around our goals. The longer we purposely live with our goals the more we can internalize them and make them part of what moves us to take the necessary action to make them happen.

People who don’t write down their goals tend to fail easier than the few who have written plans. Remember that without a plan, you don’t know how you will reach your destination.

Harvard’s graduate students were asked if they have set specific, written goals for their futures, as opposed to just daydreaming about making them happen.

Results of the study revealed that a mere 3 percent of the students had written goals and planned to accomplish them, 13 percent had goals in their minds but hadn’t written them down anywhere and 84 percent had not a single goal at all.

Take a look at the conclusion study done 10 years after the initial study of the same group of students, check out the amazing results.

The 13 percent of the class who had goals, but did not write them down, earned twice the amount of the 84 percent who had zero goals.

 

 

The 3 percent  of the class who had written goals were earning, on average, a whopping 10 times as much as the other 97 percent of the class combined. Finally, I encourage you to rewrite your major goals every day in the present tense, exactly as if they already existed, there is magic in interacting with your goals and writing them down is necessary.

 

My question for you: Are your goals written downShare your answer on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedInOr simply leave a comment in the section below.

IF YOU LIKE THIS POST? Then…Sign up for my blog updates and never miss a post.

(Visited 33 times, 1 visits today)

Please note: I reserve the right to delete comments that are offensive or off-topic.

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
wpDiscuz